Friday, September 5, 2008
STEEL: Virgin Black
Virgin Black - "Our Wings Are Burning"
I figure posting some kickin' metal each week would be a great way to get in the habit of blogging more. What better way to start than with songs from 4 bands that'll be playing at Jaxx on Sunday, Sept. 28 (a show I'm totally stoked for).
First up is my favorite band in the lineup, Virgin Black. Epic symphonic doom metal with a tad of gothic and Christianity.
...Christianity? That's right. From what I understand, a few of the band members are "those people," though the way they incorporate it into the lyrics isn't terribly "Jesus is awesome!" There's lots of suffering and questioning religion here, and that's pretty metal if you ask me. And besides, I've never been a lyrics nazi, so if it sounds evil, I'll probably like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment