Friday, September 12, 2008

I need a vacation.

I predicted my life and/or sanity may have been in danger this past weekend due to our extreme weather coverage marathon. In the end, it turned out to be a good thing they had a bunch of us at the studio for 13 hours, considering we only got about 2 inches of rain.

...

Also good to know that we all haven't been sucked into a giant black hole...yet.

But seriously, I've had enough of 11 and 13 hour days. At work, I have around a week's work of vacation time left for the year, so here's what I'll be doing with it:

*Sunday, Oct. 19 - Monday, Oct. 27
Heading up to a beach house in Delaware for a couple of days with my parents, then onward to the frigid mountains of Vermont to see my grizzled coz. If I were a gorilla, he'd be a shorter gorilla. In order to prepare for this, I will need to work on dropping my "flatlander" dialect and attempt a more monosyllabic manner of speaking.

*Thursday, Dec. 11 - Monday, Dec. 15
Possible trip to AlbanEVIL for SALVAGE attack. Hope this pans out so I can experience the great Northern Waste proper. Goth clubs + drunken bint destruction to occur.

Also, Lucha is apparently doing a show with GWAR on New Year's. I might die.

3 comments:

The Central Scrutinizer said...

You won't need polysyballic words after I drop you of on top of a mountain with nothing but a jockstrap and a sextant. I just hope your tears will be warm enough to get you through the night.

Don't forget you may be 50% Taiwanese, but you're also 50% Vermonter. Asshole.

Erebus said...

I remember I'm 50% Vermonter every time I'm shirtless in from of a mirror and see a yeti looking back at me.

Boss Salvage said...

Vermonster ... mmm ...

Fun Fact: GWAR destroys Albany sometime early in October. I may in fact go, but only grudgingly and I won't enjoy it. Return of Sleazy P Martini though so that's, uh, something different.

Unrelated: Did you see the finale for Metalocalypse on Sunday? Holy shit, a Most Metal Moment to be sure (equal parts EPIC + GAY)

- Salvage