Friday, September 12, 2008

STEEL - Samael


Supra Karma - Samael



Samael - "Slavocracy"

The first song is off the album "Exodus." The most notable difference with new Samael is that the current vocals sound way closer to Rammstein than the old "chorus of the dead" style. Unfortunate, if you ask me. Also, it's kind of silly in the video when the guitarist is rocking out beneath the digital American flag.

2 comments:

Boss Salvage said...

+ YES +

The video song is pretty sweet, and has decided what I'll be listening to as I finally paint something tonight instead of reading forever. I dig the video too, striped down and hammer-to-face with the iconography / color scheme.

Makes me wish I had some new Samael instead of just the ancient 2 CD set I picked up at Tower back when. That's good in a "I don't really listen to Black Metal so I'll play it in the other room and do something else" way, but this, this I can sink my pneumatically-driven titanium teeth into.

- Salvage

Brie said...

I dig it, but I definitely liked the first song better. ;)