Let's see. Summer 08 is still going strong, and it's kind of my favorite thing ever. Salvage is road-warrioring it down for birthday attak later this month. THAT should be a weekend of terrible, with hopefully Fuddruckers, The Dark Knight, Water Country USA, and a STORM party at Fallout all panning out.
The good thing about oworking from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. is that I usually get Friday and Saturday nights off, which will be primo for that weekend in particular. However... I may be getting extremely close to an evening position at work. That means 3 p.m. to midnight. Which, on paper, looks equally horrendous, but I think no longer being constantly tired / sleeping all the time will make it worthwhile. This could happen as soon as this month, and I think most of all I'm stoked about being able to do power noise night at Fallout. Yessss. (The downside to all this is that all my friends at work are on the morning crew, but like I told B-rock, I'd rather be angry at people I hate than tired and angry at my friends, which is pretty much every morning now....)
Actually, the real downside to all this is that I realize I don't enjoy what I'm doing and HATE the fact I didn't study something more creative in school. I'd love to do something I can just lose myself in. Example, I burned through like an hour and a half just doodling mix cd cover ideas for Brie's awesome mix cd club without even realizing it. Clearly art won't make me any money, so I guess I should stop being a little girl and devote some time to drawing on the side. I'll post my cover art / set list in a bit. When you realize that that's what I came up with after 2 hours, you'll realize just how awesome at drawing I am. (not awesome)
One of my molars is way looser than it should be. On top of that my jaw has still been aching intermittently. Dentist Liz from middle school called me back about scheduling an appointment for my first trip to the dentist in about 3 years. I told her they could do what, as long as they don't put me back in braces. That was 6 years of terrible that I wouldn't like to relive again. I guess I wouldn't want a root canal either, but only because it'd be expensive.
Not really hurting for money, but I did just buy an ipod. Shit. Putting that together will take up a good week of my time. And I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your birthday weekend will rule, my friend. ;) As I said before, we are good at birthdays in our house. ;)
Storm party? I am going to buy myself a raincoat. ;) Just wait--I know part of you thinks I am kidding. :)
You and Mark could be total nerds and start a "Hey Look What I Can Draw" club. I'll put the artwork on our fridge. ;)
-B
Self-analyzing tooth and eye 'problems' is a hobby of mine as well ... Finally getting new glasses at the end of this month? Definitely after Richmond carnage anyway.
Congrats on the possible evening position, I do think you'll enjoy it more. The working at night (and sleeping) part, not necessarily the job bit. On the art, I wondered if you drew that, not too freaking bad I say. Being able to draw is high on my list of talents I wish I had but sadly don't ...
Also psyched on this end for Southern Rampage, and flipped out a bit when I heard STORM was on tap. Definitely not as hyped for Clockwork Orange night, but we'll be there all the same. Maybe I'll find a nice white shirt to vomit blood all over.
Finally, joining the ranks of the podders I see. Well:
*HEAVY JUDGEMENT SOUND*
- Salvage
Post a Comment