Monday, July 28, 2008

Nightside, Week One

My first full week of evening CG was last week. If I had anything notable to say, it's been forgotten. What I came to realize by the weekend was that the shows weren't that much harder, though I get way more stressed if I make a mistake. However, when I totally rock a show, I feel, to quote producer Misti, "like a badass." It is better that I'm getting props for figuring out difficult graphics effects rather than something mundane like hotchanging an OTS on time (as was the case in the mornings). Clearly not directed at you, B-Rock.

Friday was my only 100% clean day, show-wise, though the only time I got yelled at was one night when I happened to be talking over headsets about Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight.

ME: "So, I was really surprised when..."
DISEMBODIED VOICE
ELSEWHERE IN STUDIO:"SHUUUUUUT UPPPPPPP!"
ME: "...sorry."

It's been over a week since it came out! Go see it already!

Unfortunately, Paul, who's training me, is experiencing the same problem I had when I was training my morning replacement who already knew how to do the work. Being bored out of his mind. Sorry, Paul. Only 4 more days!

All in all, I still hate my job, but the pay and larger responsibility is nice. I'm thinking more with this shift, and that makes me feel less dead inside. Weekend recap to follow, though it'll mostly be ranting you'll want to skip.

Still doomed. Always.

2 comments:

Brie said...

Also, kind of awesome that you don't turn into a pumpkin at 11:00 PM anymore. :)

-B

Boss Salvage said...

On Saturday at the game store I loudly spoiled the flick for the two people in the room who still hadn't seen it, though the tossers should clearly have seen it opening night like the rest of us.

On the dude bored as hell 'training' you, that's gonna be me in two weeks time. Training my replacement for a week to do a job with maybe 5-6 hours of work a day ...

- Salvage