So the show. First off, fuck Have A Nice Day Cafe. We got a tarped off stairwell for a locker room, and a bathroom without a mirror or a working toilet. To top it off, there was a 3'x5' crate right in front of the sink. PLUS, the whole place smelled like vomit the entire day, in addition to fans having to deal with the dress code. Really? No white shirts or hats...at a wrestling show? Anyway. 700+ in attendance was insane, and we put it all on the line. I'm real stoked for Blaze now that he's a face, as he didn't really have a lot to do as a heel. And the whole apocalypse thing is clearly a good fit for us. The amount of posing/beckoning in our matches has exponentially skyrocketed.
Unfortunately, the show as a whole was marred by two injuries, and just a bad vibe in general. Brian is hopefully doing better after breaking his arm in two places, and Sean Denny checked himself out of the hospital that night with a concussion. At the time, I for real thought I had crippled him because of him overcompensating for me during a table spot, but his brother Mark calmed me down and brought me into see him in the emergency room. Apparently it was just a fluke that happened earlier in the match, and wasn't terribly serious. Sean Denny is a class act, and one of the toughest dudes I know, and I'm glad I had a chance to get in the ring with him. To everyone else who only saw fit to point out the negative that night, get over yourselves. There are more important things than bickering about stuff you're not involved in to begin with.
But right, definitely went headfirst through a table on the outside of the ring, unfortunately immediately after an ill-planned superplex to the outside off the top of the ring. All I could think at the time was how funny our bodies (mine & Double K's) sounded hitting the ground. Only the ground. Guh.
Here's a video recap of some of the show. Don't know who the credit goes to. Just found it on youtube...
Hometown boy Amir Sadollah ended up winning The Ultimate Fighter this Saturday. He's a beast, hilarious, and kind of self deprecating...all garnering him "adorable points" in my book. I found his blog online regarding the individual episodes, and they're worth a glance. The episode 5 & 9 blogs are especially good reads, with some further insight into how Matt Brown is an "evil alien robot."
Made it out to Fallout Saturday night for a bit, but it was just kind of weird. Probably the most bondagey I've ever seen the club, as well as stickers at the front denoting whether you were "dominant," "submissive," or "vanilla." Apparently there were stickers for "ugly shirt," "hot," and "fuckable," all of which I managed to avoid receiving. (...)
Screened Oldboy for Brie, Mark and Aron for the first time. The big reveal loses a little of its impact with each viewing, but has enough memorable scenes to make up for it. Here, the protagonists asks a bunch of thugs about their bloodtypes, before beating THE SHIT out of them with a hammer.
Ridiculous. The other two movies that comprise Park Chan Wook's Korean vengeance trilogy are Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance (probably the most depressing of the three) and Lady Vengeance (the most disturbing). Check em out.
After a late, dark (!) start to Sunday, we all made the terrible decision to have brunch at Empire. I don't really care for the place, but they offer cheap mimosa pitchers, so what the hell. Also, Empire is home to...

This week's monstrosity (it changes at the chef's discretion, and unknown to the patron until it comes out) was a plate of nachos topped with nacho and cheddar cheese, hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash and more jalepenos than I knew what to do with. Oh, and six lit birthday candles. We were toasted by one of the Empire dudes with a shot of pepto bismol before Mark and I attempted our separate plates. Good (dark) lord. I think I got through 75% of mine, but who knows. I was clearly delirious with stomach AIDS. My previous experience with the Thunderdome happened to be a plate of four meatloaf tacos (meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a copious amount of ketchup wrapped in a tortilla), half a plate of curly fries, and a slice of watermelon dotted with sprinkles. I'm gonna say I fared a little bit better with that one than the nachos, but the words "I," "want," "to," and "die," all crossed my mind during both meals.
But now that the show has come and gone, goals for July are:
1) Get my jaw checked out
2) Eat terribly
3) Maybe a tattoo
*doomination*
4 comments:
Are you allowed to dole out "adorable points" to fighters? ;)
(Probably).
So I have a totally platonic man-crush on him. What?
Ahh! Found your blog and have to say that I actually have seen Oldboy and the twist at the end totally freaks me out. The fight scenes are vicious as well. Leave it to Asians to do it right, just like Shutter or the Eye before America remade them into crap.
Eating terribly should involve me at least. I wish I could have seen you Friday night but I moved this past weekend so it was poor planning on my part. :/
Agreed! I want to check out a whole slew of "terrible for you" southern comfort restaurants in Richmond. Let's do it!
Post a Comment