Monday, June 16, 2008

Kind of amazing.

The good thing about hating your job is it makes the weekend that much sweeter.

She Knows Some Things has already done a good job of detailing the weekend, but I'll try and see if I can remember anything else.



Friday was The Happening, which was so hokey I almost didn't hate it. Almost. Mark Wahlberg was either having the time of his life or just DIDN'T CARE with his performance as an average joe biology teacher. The delivery of his lines seemed like he was channeling Jimmy Stewart with a b-movie retard twist. Zooey Deschanel, as always, was terribly cute, but the big reveal, which came rather early in the movie I thought, left me thinking "really?" the rest of way through. Good thing I promised my Scary Movie Crew buddy Katie that I'd see it again with her earlier today. Oh wait.

...

Saturday afternoon I had the opportunity to check out some cage fighting at the raceway, courtesy of four free tickets from work. Took some of the fellas and had a good time. Actually saw a dude we used to wrestle with fight, so that was pretty neat. He finished his fight with a decision victory due to repeated knees to the other guy's (Kimbo Jr., apparently) ass.

RAIN. I walked into Fallout completely let down, seeing as how there was no water nor wetness. Lo and behold, the Emergency Broadcast sounded and down came the "rain." Fucking fantastic. Probably the most fun I've had at the place, and seemingly the most fun Chatch and his girlfriend have had in a while too. Yeesh. After a quick shower it was back to casa de mark/brie for terrible horror, in which we made it through about 1 1/2 movies. I...can't complain.

Sunday we all went back to the river, and I almost died in a 5 mph current. It's not like I swam varsity three years in high school or anything. Uh.... But needless to say, I think I have around 18 staph infections, on top of my seemingly broken jaw. Don't know why it's been hurting me these last few weeks, but my guess is either the delayed effects of Show lariating me in the face a year ago, or it's just a gnarly tooth ache.

What my jaw feels like.

If the rest of my summer goes like this, I may not want it to end. I still don't know what happened in The Signal, though.

Not bad. Terrible. ;)

*doomed*

1 comment:

Brie said...

According to Mark, who did finish "The Signal," it's rad. ;) Maybe needs a second viewing. Just a thought.

Sorry your jaw hurts though. :/