That being said, I stumbled across Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (son of Stephen King). They talk it up occasionally on CHUD, and there was even a guest review of it by Scott Smith (The Ruins) on amazon.com, whom Brie has described as "soul-eating." The plot consists of an aging rocker buying a dead man's suit online (ghost included). Terror ensues.

I'm thinking of picking it up at some point. Book club? Anyone interested in reading it too?
*doomdoomdoom*
3 comments:
You know I'll read it. ;)
Um. And hello--I read all the time. ;) Too bad the public library doesn't let me share my previous rentals. ;)
But if you give me an idea of the type of book/plot/vibe you want, I can hook you up with something good. And you can always come pillage my collection.
-B
Also, I think "Joe Hill" is a funny psuedonym. That's the hippie in me talking, though.
I can help you out if you're actually interested in reading good literature. I don't know anything about the hobits and such (except that I resemble one).
I've also been reading a lot of non-fiction recently. That's always brain-candy.
Off the top of my head I'd suggest Tom Robbins because he's hysterical as well as bright. I think he's also just anti-social enough to satisfy you.
David Sedaris has a number of memoir short-story collections that are funny as hell, and I'm positive he'd appeal to your scared, gay inner child.
I know you like death/doom, blah blah blah, but you need some sunshine in your life, son.
Post a Comment