There's an article on CHUD.com right now that questions the popularity/success of the film WALL-E. While I don't really agree with it, it is interesting in that it paints the main character as, instead of an awkwardly lovelorn robot, as a creepy, socially inept date-rapist. Both of which are totally true, but I still root for the little guy all the way, and don't have quite the problem the writer does with EVE's growing affection for WALL-E. So poo on you, Devin Faraci, you heartless bastard.
Check it out. "WALL-E's Unlikely Love Story"
This led me to think about Katamari Damacy, which at first glance is cutely Japanese. However, if you pay any attention to the acid trip-esque intro/cut scenes, you'll find the game is rampant with drunk driving (flying), destruction, and death. You're essentially murdering people and destroying everything in your path, and sending the bodies/rubble into space. So I guess Katamari Damacy is a pretty terrible thing to have a homoerotic infatuation with....BUT IT'S SO GOOD!
xkcd (hilarious)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been trying to sell Molly on Katamari since she's on Bully for the 4th or 5th time. She keeps asking about the story.
Uhhhhh, let's see....
Oh, so you ARE still blogging. ;)
Yeah...um...the cuteness of Katamari was definitely not the first thing I noticed. :) Once you started like smooshing dogs and lamps and trees I was like, "Technicolor destruction at the hands of a tiny person???? Cool!" ;)
I totally have a new favorite song and a new favorite movie. It's shit like that that makes me sad I got sober.
Post a Comment