Thursday, May 7, 2009

More words of wisdom

...this time from Sunn O))).

The Wire: Greg Anderson interview

"How has the live side of Sunn O))) developed over the years? Does the ritualistic element fulfill the same function?

'Most definitely. I mean, a lot of our ideas of how we approach records... we wanted to do something different. No-one wants to see another band with dudes in t-shirts and jeans doing the same old thing, y'know? Or maybe they do, and that's fine, sometimes I wanna see that too, but I wanted to create a different experience for people, 'cause to me the music was so different, so it should have a performance that is appropriate for and complements the music.' "


There was a pretty sweet Julie Christmas (Made Out Of Babies) interview I read a while back. I'll find that one later.

1 comment:

Brie said...

capes and darkness, ftw. :)

-B