Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1,420 miles later...


...and I'm back.


Seeing my cousin was a welcome relief of no work, though there was plenty of driving. Richmond to Delaware to Vermont and back amounted to some 25+ hours behind the wheel, but thankfully a trusty ipod and GPS made it tolerable. I even trekked along with fm radio for a bit, at one point actually turning around near Albany and driving 20 miles in the wrong direction to listen to Thrashmax over at WCDB Albany, blasting icy, frostbitten metal tunes. I mean, I all but had to, since he was grim enough to play some Blind Guardian & Xasthur after I called in.

Vermont itself was shirtlessness, intense bowling staredowns, riled up tattoo artists and good eating. Apple/chocolate chip pancakes = the win.

The drive back was especially brutal, with apocalyptic downpour attak for most of the New Jersey turnpike. Shroud Of Darkness was also cast, and I couldn't see shit. Oh well.

Eventually I made it back for mma, almost passed out at Buffalo Wild Wings (I must have gotten the Vertigo Nausea wings instead of Asian Zing & Spicy Garlic...), and made it out of the bathroom just in time to watch Patrick Cote do a lot of nothing to the best fighter in the world and have his knee pop out of socket. Ouch.

Other than that, I've been sleeping a lot, 25% sick, and even more aggro that I'm still working in TV. November is election time + a ratings period, and I'm apparently working nothing but 6-7 days each week. I've decided to rework my resume by the end of the month, and look at job options by the end of the year.

Oh well. What I really need is some gym therapy to work out all this frustration. I hope my arms don't feel like moving tomorrow night.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

No comments: